We are studying how people use the COVID-19 tests at home and whether people will report results from the tests to Department of Public Health. This study will also help us determine if repeated testing using home tests can help stop the spread of COVID-19. Finally, we will be able to understand whether immunity from vaccine or previous infection changes over time or due to different variants.
This is a twelve-week study that requires you to download a smartphone app, answer questionnaires, and perform testing when prompted by the app. All the tests will be delivered to your doorstep. The tests require the collection of a sample from the front part of your nose. The tests should not cause major discomfort and are associated with minimal risk.
As an expression of gratitude, we will provide two gift cards of $50 to participants who complete the questionnaires and tests over the 12- week period.
To participate the study, you must meet the following criteria:
- Participant is at least 8 years old
- Participant has access to an Apple or Android smartphone or device for the next 12 weeks
- Participant is willing to download a smartphone app and perform the steps described in the smartphone app, which include completing the consent, responding to the questionnaire and performing tests at home
Enrollment in study
To enroll in the study:
- Download the MyDataHelps App on your smartphone. (iOS) (Android)
- Click "I have a project code" and enter STPCVD as the 6-letter project code
- Follow the directions to register a MyDataHelps account.
- Complete the consent document for the study
- You're ready to participate
If you have any questions or want more information about the study, please contact our study hotline number at 877-753-9083.